Navigating American Taxes: Your Guide with a US Tax Advisor in Spain

A US tax advisor in Spain can help you navigate complicated tax issues that arise when you’re living abroad. US expats face unique challenges when filing their taxes because they have to manage two separate tax jurisdictions. It’s important to work with an experienced adviser that understands these issues and can help you avoid costly mistakes.

Whether you are filing your annual Spanish non residents income tax returns (Modelo 100), paying inheritance tax, selling a property or setting up a company in Spain, our English speaking team of abogados and solicitors can advise you on the most practical and sensible solutions for you and your family. Our expert knowledge of the Spanish tax system will help you minimize your tax burden and maximize your returns.

Spain is a beautiful country with an interesting culture and lots of history. It’s a popular destination for Americans and people from all over the world looking to relocate or start new lives abroad. While many people love Spain for its weather, beautiful scenery and friendly population, there are some things that may surprise American expats living in Spain. One thing is the complex tax system that can be confusing to those who are not familiar with it.

The Spanish income tax US tax advisor in Spain Derren Joseph is based on a progressive scale with personal and family allowances. There are also special rules that apply to married couples and parents with dependent children. For example, you can claim social security payments as a deduction from your gross earnings. These deductions can significantly reduce your taxable income.

In addition to Spain’s complex tax regime, the US and Spain have a tax treaty that can offer additional benefits for expats. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for the foreign housing exclusion or the Foreign Tax Credit, both of which can lower your US tax bill.

Having an experienced US tax advisor in Spain can help you get the most out of your expat experience. Our US expat tax services will ensure you are properly prepared for your annual filings and that all the applicable exemptions and credits are claimed. We will help you determine if you are eligible for the foreign housing exclusion or foreign tax credit, and we’ll help you file your US expat tax return (IRS Form 2555) and Spanish non-resident income tax return (Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Fisicas) with the Agencia Tributaria.

We are a team of highly experienced and qualified professionals that have a deep understanding of the Spanish tax system. We are committed to providing a personalized and high-quality service. We will always work hard to provide the best solution for our clients. We strive to offer the most competitive prices and the highest level of client satisfaction. Contact us today for a free consultation with our English-speaking tax advisor in Spain. We can meet with you in person at our office in Marbella or remotely via Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom. Our clients come from all over the world and include companies, trusts, foundations and individuals.